23 June 2014

Housekeeping

This week in highlight:

New Ovingdean excavation blog post from June 11th!
http://excavationchronicles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/ovingdean-hello-again.html

Got accepted to dig on the Culver Project in early July. Yay. It's just north of Lewes. Almost went there last summer but then decided to visit my family in Hampshire instead.

No one is calling me back dying to publish my witty short stories.

Almost finish my first "dramady" screenplay. Intend to harass everyone and anyone - sister, boyfriend, Facebook friends, Snapchat friends, imaginary friends, landlady, Mr. Cuddles the snake, suspicious co-workers, suspicious neighbors, random children walking in the street, that guy that I always bump into at 6:30 in the morning on my way to work (where are you going? Mystery Seaford man who I make awkward eye contact with) - to read it/give me monetary recognition for my brilliance. It's my "Cloud Atlas Sextet" (if you haven't, read the book so you know what I'm talking about.) In reality, nobody cares about growing up in Canada as a child of first world immigrants. The country has one of the highest standards of living. You're basically rich from birth breathing in clean air and having access to clean water....well those that didn't grow up near the start of the Columbia river.....I still think it has some sort of hillbilly appeal. Everyone loves a redneck, right? Not that I consider myself a redneck. More like the confused child of immigrant parents who was raised on hippie anti-institution ideals and organic food - my first fifteen years of life were shoeless,  and then classist ideals- you-must-attend-university propaganda and make shitloads of money so you will never have to get married and depend on a husband (which, ironically, does not describe my parental situation). Oh, the struggles of a modern woman! Looking back at my home-schooled life, after reading the accomplishments of young home-schooled Catlain Moran, I have to come to terms with the fact that opportunities in my hometown were sadly lacking for me to flourish creatively when I had to walk 45 minutes to go buy a slurpee or Ice Cap. Therefore, I will be the voice of my rural generation. Or a generation. (There you go, Lena Dunham.)

Going to cheer myself up with a much needed haircut this week. Woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment