25 June 2014

OMG BEST DAY EVER

So maybe I get out of bed every day in the hope that somebody will recognize at least something that is a smidge worthwhile in any of the submissions I have been pumping out since last November. Today's 4:45 wake up paid off. I get home from work to find an email informing my tired brain with words that say "Congratulations finalist" and surprisingly no, I have not won a spam trip to the Caribbean so if you could just please enter your credit card information for insurance purposes. It's a legit email from the Wicked Young Writers Award informing me that I have been selected as a finalist in the 18-25 age group. I was so stunned that it took me a couple of hours to calm the eff down. I am a bit puzzled if I am shortlisted since I was called a finalist - but whatevs. There is an awards ceremony in London in August that I and three guests have been invited to where the winners will receive their prizes from the author and former children's laureate Michael Morpurgo and possibly HRH Duchess of Cornwall who is the patron of this award? No way man, no way. I think my mother is relieved that her 24 hours in labor with me has finally paid off.

Meanwhile I am nearing completion of my screenplay. It is definitely rushed art, but so be it! The deadline is Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment