4 November 2014

Return from the Great White Northwest

Ah yes, it's been awhile. At least I have a good excuse and that is because I was away for a couple weeks in October seeing family and friends in Canada - amongst going to the Vancouver International Film Festival, seeing bears wander through my grandmothers front yard and digging non-archaeologically-related holes in my parents back yard.

I did check in at my university - they have constructed the SUB - with millions of students dollars. Glad to see where my money went, even though I will never get to spend time in there.

My university department still has not hung my grad class photo on the wall over a year later- and when I inquired about this (and the last 7 years), I was informed that it cost money to pay unionized workers to hang up grad class photos on the wall. !@#$#$%^F&

Um, what? You take a drill and some screws and hang those mofo's up next to the class of 2006.

Perhaps they are waiting to accumulate a decade's worth of class photo's so that this billion dollar university can pay a handy man ten minutes of his day to hang up photos. Another thing that I paid money for that I will never see.

Otherwise I had a lovely time. And everyone should go see Coming Home - an internally destructive film. So many tears I shed and pretty positive my inner organs weeped as well.

Still I have not been relaxing and on vacation entirely. I have started writing for Mash Stories and they published my first article yesterday.

Unforgettable Expat Stories

The author, Diccon Bewes, was very sweet and Tweeted about the article on Twitter.

I'm still conducting interviews on the same subject -as I love knowing all things expat seeing as I am one. Expect more articles soonly!

That was the sad thing about returning to Canada - it was all familiar (like home should be) but I have no life there anymore. But then England almost seemed like a dream, especially when I arrived back in
Heathrow. I sort of felt reborn as I walked to customs - like I was starting an entire new adventure rather than carrying on with the adventurous life I had left behind two weeks earlier. A sign?

No comments:

Post a Comment