18 January 2016

2016 Update!

Summary of 2015 - here goes:

I did move to London in February 2015 and got work right away as a teaching assistant (unheard of!)

My new favourite Venetian island.
I did not go to Carnevale in Venice but rebooked my tickets for Easter with my American cousin and we had a swell time together.

Impromptu was successful until I had no more time for it around April when I started my CELTA course in London.

I SAW CAITLIN MORAN IN HACKNEY!!! She was on her book tour and I bought some period panties from her merchandise table because all the shirts had sold out by the time I had negotiated past 1000 feisty women who also had the same idea as me.

Wray Castle boathouse, Lake District.
I went on an amazing 10 day road trip with three girlfriends from London - Peak District - Lake District - Glasgow - Edinburgh - Newcastle - Nottingham - Strat
ford-Upon-Avon - London. We saw Hadrian's Wall, a treehouse restaurant, haunted houses and tunnels and went on a two river cruises. I drove the whole way. So scary!

Applied for a teaching job in Hong Kong and moved there in August. Got dreadfully sick and had to return to Canada in November for treatment.

2015 sadly had no archaeology or published writing other than Impromptu. But I did make tons of wonderful new friends and caught up with some old friends!

2016 Goals

#1 Get healthy again - without good health my independence is limited. I learned that the hard way by developing a crippling autoimmune disease in Hong Kong.

Get some more writing published! I have started working on a novel - 45 pages in so far. I've also been reworking my scripts and working on a new script idea with my lovely friend Victoria.

Get accepted to UBC's BE'd program.

Get a job.

Go on end of summer road trip either to California if the dollar improves but as it most likely won't because the Canadian dollar always sucks it will be a road trip from Vancouver to Toronto. Hopefully with a stopover in Dinosaur Park along the way.

Daydream about returning to Europe where I was having a grand old time (albeit with all of its daily struggles). One day I shall return...when the British pound is not double to the Canadian dollar...


Mid-Autumn Festival, Hong Kong.


No comments:

Post a Comment