22 July 2014

Mid Month Update

Still feeling burnt out from taking a week off from the 7th-11th and digging my heart away on two projects here in East Sussex. Check out my blog excavationchronicles.blogspot.co.uk for more deets. Still need to post my Plumpton Roman Villa experience from that week.

I am having one of those weeks (months?) where I can't catch up on anything. I have made up deadlines in my head that I am not adhering to for my writing. I'm working on a bunch of articles, plus editing my first screenplay and keeping on top of my blogs.

My excuses : the English summer heat is making me constantly tired so in between napping on my 15 minute train journey home from work and watching True Blood, Mad Men, Orange is the New Black and starting Penny Dreadful then I am actually asleep. That's if I'm not harassing my boyfriend or friends via text and my mother through Skype and sending cleavage shots to my sister on Snapchat. Or talking to stray cats. Or luring said stray cats into yard. Or running away from fighting foxes at 6:30 am. Or making something interesting out of moldy leftovers. Washing clothes, Drying clothes on trampoline. Or going up to London to visit the bf and scare him with arbitrary existential crisis's involving tree-houses and unattainable degrees.

Meanwhile I will be experiencing the wonder of Once, playing somewhere in London tomorrow. I used to be obsessed with the soundtrack. Maybe I should get back into writing music? It's just easy to forget how much I failed at it.

Ah, back to London tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment